6 Ways to Reach God's World
Learn. Pray. Engage. Encourage. Welcome. Mobilize.
1. Learn about the different ethnic communities that live around you, work with you, etc.
2. Keep current on International News.
3. Study an unreached population on Joshua projects strategic list (www.joshuaproject.net) or pray and read through Operation World (http://www.operationworld.org/).
1. Pray that the Lord would continue to lead our body in reaching out globally.
2. Pray for God's movement internationally and/or sign up to do a 60 day prayer experience through Operation World (http://www.operationworld.org/join-prayer-movement).
3. Pray for missionaries with youth and children.
1. Engage in cross-cultural experiences. (e.g. try to eat regularly at an ethnic restaurant and make an effort to develop a relationship with the owners, employees; in your relationships with neighbors and co-workers of different ethnicities ask them about their cultural traditions; check out different cultural fairs and festivals in the Bay Area)
2. Visit a Global Ministry Team meeting (email GMT@alcf.net for times and location of meetings)
3. Adopt a missionary with your growth group (email GMT@alcf.net to find out more about the program)
1. Write an encouraging note to a missionary that ALCF supports.
2. Give financially to a missionary or a missions organization.
3. Volunteer to help prepare care packages to be sent to missionaries. (Contact GMT@alcf.net to find out how.)
1. Have an informal cross cultural conversation with a non-native English speaking person.
2. Get acquainted with your neighbors, coworkers, colleagues and recreation partners.
3. Suggestions for welcoming newcomers:
- Say “Hello” with eye contact.
- Show genuine interest in a person or person(s).
- Be attentive
- Be a good listener
- Do not judge those you meet.
1. Share one of the 6 ways with your friends.
2. Go to a missions conference and take a friend with you. (Look under Upcoming Events for upcoming mission events)
3. Start a prayer group that is focused on missions.